Wednesday 26 December 2012

Blue folded roof as star

I entered the grounds and came to the shoe removal point. Continued up the stairs (the world is full of stairs) to the place for robing. I had made a point if wearing a 3/4 sleeve shirt which the women felt was acceptable so I didnt need the full ground length purple outfit (you may recall it was a bkack affair in Abu Dhabi). But I was given the pull over headwear - and they chose it to match the colours of my shirt. We all smiled happily.  I really like these big mosques for their space and openness, the austerity of the decoration even when plush. Separate from the prayer room a marbled walk away past water pools lined with rich blue tiles was a light and airy mausoleum. Took video with this tablet but dont think it captures the essence. Really lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment