Saturday 15 December 2012

My ten days of Christmas

After Russia and before I had won the new job, already I was thinking about where my next holiday would be.  The decision was never whether to take a holiday only when and how long it would be.  Once I was in the new job with the reduced annual holidays, quickly it was clear that the next break was Christmas. And so I embarked on preparing for my ten day break over Christmas.

On the 1st day of planning I truly said to me, where do I goest, and I set out to find a country.

On the 2nd day of planning I truly said to me, will it be an island, where do I goest, and I set out to find a country.

On the 3rd day of planning I truly said to me, do I seek exotica, will it be an island, where do I goest, and I set out to find a country.

On the 4th day of planning I truly said to me, are tea plantations open, do I seek exotica, will it be an island, where do I goest, and I set out to find a country.

On the 5th day of planning I truly said to me, any rubber tapping, are tea plantations open, do I seek exotica, will it be an island, where do I goest, and I set out to find a country.

On the 6th day of planning I truly said to me, what about the palm oil, any rubber tapping, are tea plantations open, do I seek exotica, will it be an island, where do I goest, and I set out to find a country.

On the 7th day of planning I truly said to me, do I want big cities, what about the palm oil, any rubber tapping, are tea plantations open, do I seek exotica, will it be an island, where do I goest, and I set out to find a country.

On the 8th day of planning I truly said to me, how about some history, do I want big cities, what about the palm oil, any rubber tapping, are tea plantations open, do I seek exotica, will it be an island, where do I goest, and I set out to find a country.

On the 9th day of planning I truly said to me, give me some yummy food, how about some history, do I want big cities, what about the palm oil, any rubber tapping, are tea plantations open, do I seek exotica, will it be an island, where do I goest, and I set out to find a country.

On the 10th day of planning I truly said to me, air condition my nights, give me some yummy food, how about some history, do I want big cities, what about the palm oil, any rubber tapping, are tea plantations open, do I seek exotica, will it be an island, where do I goest, and I set out to find a country.

4 comments:

  1. Yahoo. Up, up and awayee. John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stating the obvious, but what has happened to the eleventh and twelfth day of Christmas? J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a gold star to you!
      On the 11th day of planning I truly said to me, what needs more thought, air condition my nights, give me some yummy food, how about some history, do I want big cities, what about the palm oil, any rubber tapping, are tea plantations open, do I seek exotica, will it be an island, where do I goest, and I set out to find a country.
      On the 12th day of planning I truly said to me, decisions are all made now, nothing needs more thought, air condition my nights, give me some yummy food, how about some history, do I want big cities, what about the palm oil, any rubber tapping, are tea plantations open, do I seek exotica, will it be an island, where do I goest, and I set out to find a country.

      Delete
    2. I am curious to know how many of you have sung this. And how many have bellowed forth with no regard for anyone in earshot? I think the child in the room next door may have been asleep before I just let it all rip - yes sorry sometimes there are too many words so it is difficult to sing.

      Delete