Monday 24 December 2012

Selangor pewter

Yes we have all heard of Selangor pewter. I remember in the 1970s when everyone had a tankard. Guided tour was interesting and I even practised hammering. Didnt make the sort of dents that sell. Right now I still remember it comes from a mixture of tin, copper and antimony. By tomorrow I will have forgotten this and most other related facts. Well worth the journey and easy to do as an independent traveller rather than disgorging from the big fat coaches at a hefty price. 2RM for the train. 5RM for the taxi and free entry. Coach tours 200RM. After waiting for taxi spotted a sort of bus and asked if it could take me back to the train - which it did. But the Singapore based Brisbane couple 'owned' it as their hotel shuttle bus. But they were happy to give me a lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment