Sunday 23 December 2012

Maharani is a woman

I walked across the park from the hotel this morning and located the train station, braved the ticket vending machine and caught a train to Masjid Jamek the station near Dataran Merdeka (Independence Square - from the British) where I was to meet my heritage walking guide, Maharani. When a black-head- scarfed petite woman perhaps in her 40s approached me, I was pleasantly surprised. I had booked 2.5hrs with her. After 6.5 hrs together we parted. I was taken to the Brickfields area and I have seen and experienced so much. So interesting. But without notes I will never remember it all. A wonderful start to KL. Back here in my hotel room I am listening to the call to prayer being sung somewhere in the distance. Maharani missed an earlier prayer time but assured me that her service to me was a reasonable substitute. What a generous person she has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment