Sunday 30 December 2012

I think Ive walked my last Maleka walk.

Headed off this morning through back streets to the street touristically known as Harmony St. It has an Indian temple not open - with pictures of my favourite Ganesha everywhere. It has a muslim mosque which architecturally is unlike any other I have seen. Shows strong chinese influence. It has a massive chinese temple complex larger than I have ever seen. And busy as. Dozens of people coming and going all the time, and excessive incense burning. In continuing to walk saw a few other smaller chinese temples. Glad that today Sunday has had an effect on the opening of shops and cafes that is, not many have except in the tourist streetJonker St. This means there were less people in the back streets and also less traffic. So more often you could easily avoid the deep culverts. Walked virtually every road in this heritage district. Then plodded back to major thoroughfares looking for a texsi. When I finally climbed in the driver looked about 14 or 15. But he got me back to the hotel in one piece. Though he drove me through places unknown, we had an agreed price so I didnt care. It is still all new to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment