Tuesday 25 December 2012

Terrific lunch

In the Batu grounds were places to eat. I ordered what I saw others eating. Banana leaf as plate. Large dollop of white rice on one side of centre and dollops of four different concoctions on other side. Could have had spoon or fork, but used my right hand like everyone else. Cylinders with sauces on tables like at Brickfields. Ladled these across rice. Yummy my sort of food. Finger nails now stained yellow. Earlier I had drunk room temp but refreshing coconut water after the head of  the coconut had been hatcheted off. Sat with a straw in the coconut like others. Too much for me to drink it all.

1 comment:

  1. Note the banana leaf as plate has the spine parallel to table edge. When happily finished meal you must fold leaf toward you. If not satisfied fold away from you.

    ReplyDelete