Thursday 27 December 2012

KL summary 1

This morning I am off bussing to Maleka. First to KLCC then to KL Sentral, then change lines for another commuter train to the station where all southern bound buses leave from. Imagine that experience will be as good as rest of KL. Been thinking about how I feel from my KL experience. I have not felt a frisson of excitement like I did every day in Russia and even England. I think it has been appropriate to stay in a hotel that is international in look feel and contemporary service rather than a traditional more home grown accommadation because KL is a place that is replacing its historical culture with a glitzy worldview of 'culture'. The buzz is not speed although people have talked to me about that aspect of this 'progressive' city, rather it is about consuming and shopping. Everywhere people plod along at my rate because of the climate. The airconditioned traffic try to be fast but the volume of vehicles slows what happens on the streets down.

No comments:

Post a Comment