Sunday 23 December 2012

My personal chaufferred trip to KL

Booked this car for direct transport to my hotel before leaving Hobart, and it was all so easy and cheap. I came out into the K L arrival hall and saw the placard with my name on it immediately. I was whisked outside into the 30 degrees and 90% humidity and knew I had arrived. My driver and airconditioned car collected me and off we went on the 45 min trip to the city. Very interesting driver who was usefully informative on many things. Sadly my sleep deprived state at that time means I cant remember much but we covered lots of subjects from politics to religion to education and the financial health of the country. But the most exciting thing to pass were the acres of special palms for the palm oil - yes it was late at night but the well lit highway showed a lot. A dangerous job for the Bangladeshis and Laotians and Vietnamese. The fields are full of snakes whose job it is to eat the mice and rats. Parallels our old sugar cane cutter days. Also saw rubber trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment