Sunday 23 December 2012

Petronas Twin towers

Driving north from the airport and from a long way south you could see the tallest towers in the Asian region. Like fairy castles in the air. Quite beautiful lit up in the dark. Eventually arrived at the hotel and on checkin was told they were trying to find me a room. Exhausted I kept saying its 1am where I come from and they kept saying but its only 10pm here. By the time I got into my 12th floor room in this 24 floor hotel I was feeling myself becoming irrational. So it was 3am Hobart time when I got to bed. So June when you ask what my first reactions to KL are like, I was very much like a non functioning zombie. I was trying to grasp the fact that I am here. All I could think is this is a big city. 1.5 m in KL and total of 6m for the spread out version with all the surrounding satellite cities. It felt incredibly modern in a way that has expunged(where did that word come from) all Malay traditional culture and history.

No comments:

Post a Comment