Thursday 27 December 2012

WiFi is here but sooooo slow

Maleka and this hotel have character and should be interesting. Certainly not bland. Bus arrived in M half hour early. Avoided the taxi touts and caught local bus (with squeeze and nowhere for luggage) to centre. Was close to my hotel when I got off but everyones directions made it a long and complicated foot journey with suitcase in the hot sun. So I saw some back streets early on and gradually realised most people are tourists. But city centre marvellous to look at.

2 comments:

  1. Friday am at McDonalds on phone unable to access blog to make posts nor to access gmail. Have walked to and from Portuguese settlement 6tY Ikm and by 8.30am I am a running river. Overcast but steamy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should have read 6km above. In the end I was walking for 5 hrs minus 10 mins at mcd and 10 mins with fish balls. Its 12.30pm and I am stuffed. Will nap before packing to go off to substitute hotel. Weird that its quicker this part of the blog than the actual postings.

    ReplyDelete