Monday 24 December 2012

Eating

After I left the train station before waiting for M, I passed a street stall with various fried patties. I chose two but it was quickly indicated that I needed to choose 3. One had some sort of meat and tasty nonchilli spices. The others were chick pea combinations with ginger and chilli and who knows what else. So I was no longer hungry. But about an hour later M asked me if I would like a traditional malay indian breakfast in a very basic open cafe. Yes of course. She had and shared with me her fresh cooked dolsey (we refer to them as dosa in Oz) and I shared my hot steaming roti chanya (cania). The dolsey made from rice flour and the roti from wheat flour. On the table were four deep canisters each with some sauce. Two types of spicy sauce, One delicious coconut, And we never tried the fourth. A small amount was ladled onto our greads and with hands ( M wasnt scrupulous about using only the right hand and told me to relax - we had washed hands before eating. So filling. So tasty. So wonderful. All ordered in Malay in a way I could never duplicate. This and the cafe next door are M's favourite gaunts. And shepaid for ne.  All that food and tea for her wad a littke over $1 Aust.

No comments:

Post a Comment