Sunday 30 December 2012

Last day in Maleka

Some rain out to sea, overcast, and wet air here where you dont need an umbrella but almost do. The two cities gave been dramatically different. I have loved the nonregularity of the architecture and the street design here. It is a smaller city and it is easy to feel Maleka is of a more human scale. I will miss the variety and the eccentricities and people all plodding along at my slow pace. I wont miss the narow roads edged by deep culverts leaving you no where to walk as the traffic bears down, or the break a leg holes in the occasional pavements. Its not look up to live, its look down. I wont miss all the families that have stayed in my Maleja hotels with loud uncontrolled little boys. I wont miss the uncomprehending looks about my travelling by myself. Virtually disapproving. Dont know how many times I have had to say I have 3 boys just to keep things moderately comfortable. Because english is limited, there us no way for personalised explanations. A woman's job is to raise kids and focus solely on the family. Very tiring. But Maleka utself is delightful and It has been well worth the visit. In fact I would say it gas geen the jewel of my holiday. Strongly recommend to anyone visiting this part if the world. Rebecca and friends should come here for 2-3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment